FLAGSTONE – A NATURAL PAVING STONE
What is Flagstone?
Flagstone is a flat piece of quarried natural stone with random dimensions. Flagstones, in general, are used in flooring design ideas for paving patios, walkways & pool areas. The random size of the individual pieces makes it look like pieces of the puzzle put together to create a distinctly transcendent surface. Stone Universe flagstones with thickness 1” minus are used for the concrete base while 2” minus is used for sand set
WHY FLAGSTONE INSTALLATION IS A BETTER CHOICE
When it comes to the decoration of your landscape, the flagstone paver prioritizes the natural shape of the irregular stone. A large surface area coupled with the irregular shape of the individual pieces allows the designer to create innovative and intriguing designs for any surfaces. Small stones can be used to fill the gaps between bigger pieces giving a more natural and cost-effective look. The width of the joints varies due to the size and installation methods of the flagstone and the random dimensions of the stone.
In comparison to ordinary pavements, flagstone installation adds extra uniqueness to the place as it looks just like a puzzle depicting irregular shapes. Moreover, it adds value to the property by giving it timeless beauty.
WHERE CAN FLAGSTONES BE USED
Irregular flagstones can be used as a replacement for Pavers. In comparison to ordinary pavements, flagstone installation adds extra uniqueness to the place as it looks just like a puzzle depicting irregular shapes. It helps in making an attractive and natural-looking path. Moreover, it adds value to the property by giving it timeless beauty.
People can opt for these irregular rocks for walkways, pool decks, patios, pathways, sidewalks, courtyards, fire pit surrounds, etc. One can use these uneven pieces on the walls as a decorative material.
- Walkways/ Sidewalks: It is an ideal choice for installation of a walkway or a sidewalk in the garden, lawn, front yard or backyard. The larger pieces of flagstone are more suitable for outdoor living spaces The random sizes of the flagstone gives it a more natural look compared to the dimensional pavers
- Pool Deck: Coping on the pool edges is not enough to make your overall pool alluring. Something unique would be there for the decks also. So these irregular natural stones are perfect for the pool decks.
- Kitchenette/ BBQ: Outdoor kitchens and BBQs are today’s emerging trends. These random pieces of natural stone can be a good option for laying a floor.
- Patios: When it comes to the patio designs, nothing is better than a paving stone. A brilliantly built flagstone patio depends on the skill of the mason. A skilled mason can easily manipulate the random shapes of the paving stone like a puzzle letting the shape of the stone dictate the placement.
- Fire Pit Surroundings: Firepits are outdoor fireplaces. Installation of these natural stones on the fire pit surrounding gives stunning appeal to the outer surface.
As it comes in various dimensions, it provides fantastic flooring options, and one can create limitless exclusive flooring design ideas. A stone pathway with grouting gives rustic appeal, whereas the non-grouting floor offers a seamless finish. Feature your garden passage by laying these natural paving stones.